2003 Nov 26 09:11

Re: [vox-tech] DVD playback and burning under Debian; IDE DVD+/-RW drive

Re: [vox-tech] DVD playback and burning under Debian; IDE DVD+/-RW drive

if you can wait a bit, DVD writers that can write DVD-9 media will be
coming out soon.  this will double the 4.7GB you can get on DVD-5 media.

it also means you can make backups of your commercial DVD's without
fiddling with them, like yanking foreign language, yanking subtitles,
compressing, etc.

i think phillips is coming out with it first.

pete