2003 Nov 21 16:37

Re: [vox-tech] rpm that refuses to go away

Re: [vox-tech] rpm that refuses to go away

Mark (and Jonathan too),

Thanks for the tips...

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Mark Street wrote:

> rpm -qa | grep hsfmodem
>
> If the package is returned try an rpm -e on it.
>
> rpm -e hfsmodem   NOTE - no version, just the name of the package... this is
> why rpm did not recognize your package above as not installed.

I believe this is the problem, I was trying to use everything but .rpm as
the package name.

> If that does not work.... bring out the big guns.
>
> rpm -ivh --force hfsmodem-1.2.3-athlon.rpm

This is one of the first things I tried, and that bombed out with a
slightly different error that I cannot remember.  I'll try to get it
uninstalled using the above tip.

Thanks!
Dave