2003 Nov 21 12:56

[vox-tech] html question

dear lugod,

consider:

   SPAN.head
   {
      font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial;
      color: white;
      font-variant: small-caps;
      font-weight: 900;
      word-spacing: 5px;
      letter-spacing: 2px;
      font-size: small;
      font-weight: bold;
   }

   BODY
   {
      font-family: Times;
   }

   <BODY>
   <SPAN class="head">hello world</SPAN>
   </BODY>

on my browser (opera 7.22), "hello world" is in times font with
small-caps variant.

i would've expected verdana font with small-caps variant.

shouldn't the <SPAN> tag take precedence over <BODY> since <BODY> is an
"outer" tag?

pete

--
"Nobody steals our chicks.  And lives." -- Duke Nukem (played on Linux)