2003 Nov 20 15:21

Re: [vox-tech] User with root privileges

David Margolis said:

> Assuming you have sudo installed, the safest way is to do a sloppy (in
> my opinion) entry in /etc/sudoers that matches root's entry in that
> file. 'man sudo' for lots of good info...

Sudo is not installed on these machines.  Hm.  Not yet, anyway.

I've discovered that the rationale is that the user is installing Arcserve
on a Solaris box, and he says that Arcserve requires a "higher-level"
user.  In my experience, most programs that need such a thing create a new
user during installation (Apache, MySQL, PostGres, etc.).

Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous
group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the
desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man.
I wouldn't mess with them."
--Michael Moore