2003 Nov 20 09:28

Re: [vox-tech] dual booting with win2k woes

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 08:34 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> 1. system already had linux on hda and hdb
> 2. unplugged hda and hdb completely.
> 3. installed a new hdc.
> 3. installed win2k on hdc.
> 4. plugged hda and hdb back in.
> 5. added this to lilo.conf and ran lilo:

Dunno about Win2K but in my experience Windows wants to be
on the first drive.  Try cabling the Windows disk as hda and
see if it boots up.

If so, then the remaining task is to set up Linux as hdb and
hdc (make a boot diskette, change /etc/fstab, etc.), and
install lilo onto hda.

-- Rod