2003 Nov 19 18:54

[vox-tech] dual booting with win2k woes

dear all,

i created a linux/win2k dual boot and kept lilo as my bootloader.  a
search on google shows that this is possible.  linux boots fine, but
win2k doesn't boot from lilo.  here's how i created the dual boot:

1. system already had linux on hda and hdb
2. unplugged hda and hdb completely.
3. installed a new hdc.
3. installed win2k on hdc.
4. plugged hda and hdb back in.
5. added this to lilo.conf and ran lilo:

   other=/dev/hdc1
      label=win2k

6. linux boots fine.
7. whenever i boot "win2k", i get:

   boot: win2k

   A disk error occured
   Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to restart

other info
* fdisk shows only one partition, of type NTFS, on hdc as expected.
* fdisk shows linux partitions on hda and hdb as expected.
* "mount /dev/hdc1 /mnt/other" correctly mounts my C drive.
* i did not enable NTFS write in the kernel.

any suggestions on how to boot win2k from lilo?

thanks,
pete