2003 Nov 16 19:14

[vox-tech] Apt for RPM based distros

A few days ago I mentioned Apt for RedHat (or any RPM based distro) and a
few people seemed interested.

Anyway, the article I read was in the 10/03 issue of Linux Magazine.
Unfortunately, this issue is off the shelves now, but you can read the
abstract here: http://www.linux-mag.com/2003-10/toc.html

A few people wrote in to the 11/03 issue saying stuff like "thanks for
introducing me to apt for RPM...it's so much better than up2date".  So if
anybody's interested, go check it out.

I also just read about slapt (apt for slackware).  I'm going to go look
that up right now!

Anyway, the Debian users on the list are probably rolling their eyes at
this, so let me just say I'm not endorsing either of these products but I
do think Apt for RPM might be a good answer for anybody worried about the
future of up2date with Fedora (which was the concern expressed in that

Adios,
Dave Margolis