January 6: Social gathering
2003 Nov 15 17:09

[vox-tech] recent RedHat glibc upgrade, warning

[vox-tech] recent RedHat glibc upgrade, warning

I used RHN network to upgrade to RedHat's latest glibc release this morning. A few hours later, many programs stopped working, including X.

I correctly surmised that their new glibc was NOT compatible with my custom compiled kernel. Fortunately, I was able to boot into an old RedHat stock kernel and revert back to the off-cd glibc rpms. All is working as before.

Anyway, I just wanted to warn others who use RedHat and compile their own kernels.

Jonathan

p.s. I am slowly switching all my machines to gentoo. Very slowly...