2003 Nov 13 13:10

Re: [vox-tech] Kiosk Distro/Desktop/Browser combo - Lindows

Re: [vox-tech] Kiosk Distro/Desktop/Browser combo - Lindows

Lindows does a run-from CD version pre-configured and bundled
with hardware (no monitor) for a grand total of $170.
They're branding it as the Webstation

http://info.lindows.com/webstation/

I've had the chance to meet with a couple of people from Lindows
including Michael Robertson the CEO. I think he has the marketing
savvy and will to compete and do well in the desktop market. I'd
recommend checking it out and seeing if it fits your needs.

PS They have a new 4.5 release due out soon. You may want to talk
with someone in PR (Cheryl Schwarzman )or Marketing and get the
specs on the 4.5 version of Webstation.

By the way, in terms of usage success, from a recent interview
I gather that they are running about 1 million Click-N-Run
downloads a month.