2003 Nov 12 16:08

[vox-tech] Netspp f540

Hello,

My friend Richard has this network appliance box and was wondering if
anyone either has the OS to put on it (the drives where erased) or if
anyone has successfully put linux on one.

Thanks,
Stephen Matthew

Network Appliance Filer Head F540
Serial No. 7761
 (refer to f630.jpg for picture of front and netappf5202.jpg for a
 picture of the back)
 Filer unit has two SCSI controller cards, one of shich appears to have
 two controllers (or channels) built onto it, this one is a NetApp
 branded device.  The other is a Qlogic SCSI controller (Assembly
 PC21010404-01-D) The filer has a NVRAM card with 8MB of non-volitle ram
 (SIMM) and 256 MB system RAM and some cache ram that fits into a slot.
 I am not able to remove the heat sink ro fan from the processor as they
 are held on by a cable tie and there is no other way of holding these
 down if i remove the cable tie, but If i recall corectly, i thik it has
 an Alpha processor at 300 to 400 MHz, it might be an intel, but i doubt
 it.

  I also have two drive shelves that hold SCSI Drives as follows:
  Shelf One:
  DF W/EMU
  Part: XL401R-R-02N
  Revision: E