2003 Oct 28 01:28

Re: [vox-tech] BLASPHEMY (i.e., removing Linux from a dual-bootsystem)

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Michael J Wenk wrote:

> You do this(as I recall) lilo -U

If I remember correctly, the _restore_ feature of lilo requires that you
backed up the original MBR somewhere.

My solution for this very same issue in the past was to boot back into
linux (a boot floppy will do), and then reinstall lilo with a profile that
ONLY boots windows with a delay of 0 seconds.  You'll never know lilo was
there.

This way you can't accidently hose your MBR in such a way that you'll
never get back into windows on that machine.

Dave M.