2003 Oct 27 23:32

Re: [vox-tech] BLASPHEMY (i.e., removing Linux from a dual-boot system)

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 08:16:47PM -0800, Ryan Castellucci wrote:

> On Monday 27 October 2003 07:59 pm, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> > Well, now the damned computer won't even start.  I turn it on, and it
> > just runs 10 across the screen until I turn it off.  There is no floppy
> > drive on this computer, so a boot disk won't work; and I'm afraid I
> > couldn't quite figure out how to use Knoppix to deal with LILO (what
> > *is* the root password for a computer running Knoppix, anyway?).
>
> I'm not sure what knoppix has the root password set to, but you can run 'sudo
> bash --login' for a root prompt.

Switch to one of Knoppix's text consoles to login as root. I think
/etc/issue says what the root password is. You could also try a blank
password if it doesn't say.

Knoppix shuts down as soon as you exit X, so you can't login as a root X
user.