2003 Oct 28 09:08

[vox-tech] BLASPHEMY (i.e., removing Linux from a dual-boot system)

[vox-tech] BLASPHEMY (i.e., removing Linux from a dual-boot system)

After much wrangling and deliberating, I finally went and (very
regretfully) removed Debian from my dual-boot Sony Vaio.  Deleting the OS
itself was easy enough -- I just used Partition Magic to delete the
partitions and reformat them as NTFS partitions that I can use to store
Windows files and data.  (The reason I did this was because there wasn't
enough space on this laptop for all of the Windows programs I wanted, and
I already have three -- soon to be four -- Linux boxes in the house; I can
live with one full Windows computer.)

The problem is that LILO is still lurking on the computer; whenever I boot
up the computer, it still offers me a choice whether to boot Windows or
Linux.  Is there a way to delete LILO so that I can simply boot right into
Windows that won't require reinstalling WinXP?

Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford

AIM: Buffalo2K ICQ: 11646404 Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com
invisible to the eye." --Antoine de Saint Exupéry