2003 Oct 27 14:04

[vox-tech] how to setup abiword to use vi-like keybindings (was: sick idea: openoffice macros)

[vox-tech] how to setup abiword to use vi-like keybindings (was: sick idea: openoffice macros)

keywords: vi, abiword, keybindings, word processing

På lördag, 25 oktober 2003, skrev p@dirac.org:
[...]
> > Did you know that Abiword has a vi mode? It is undocumented but does work,
> > more or less. If there is interest, I will post instructions.
>
> heh.  sure i'm interested.  might even make me switch over from open
> office.  go ahead and post it!

Okay, here it it.

1. If you have run Abiword at least once, you will have a file called
   ~/.AbiSuite/AbiWord.Profile. Open it in an editor.

2. Add the following two tags inside the <AbiPreferences></AbiPreferences>
   container:

	<Select
	    scheme="_vi_"
	    autosaveprefs="1"
	    useenvlocale="1"
	/>
	<Scheme
		name="_vi_"
		KeyBindings="viEdit"
	/>

That should do the trick. I am using Abiword 1.0; the feature more or less
works though visual mode seems to be absent. If you have time, file bugs at
www.abisource.com about problems with vi mode. The feature is being
maintained, judging by the responses to bugs already filed.

--
Henry House
See <http://hajhouse.org/pgp> for information.  My OpenPGP key: