2003 Oct 24 22:51

Re: [vox-tech] SQL front-ends for web browsers

Re: [vox-tech] SQL front-ends for web browsers

how about 'dadabik'

dylan

on 03.10.24 5:42 PM, Rod Roark at rod@sunsetsystems.com was reported to have
writen:

> On Friday 24 October 2003 06:26 pm, Michael J Wenk wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 05:34:19PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
>>> I've been looking around for a time-saving tool for
>>> prototyping and/or developing web-based database
>>> applications, preferably with PostgreSQL support.
>>>
>>> Browsing Freshmeat, I found a thing called Gedafe which
>>> looks really interesting.  Its home page is
>>> http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/gedafe/.
>>>
>>> Has anyone here used this, and/or does anyone have
>>> suggestions for other such tools?
>> Are you talking about developing the schema?  or an IDE ?
>>
>> Ive used a cpl of things, the best I remember was the tool that came
>> with Apple WebObjects 5.  Granted that wasn't opensource, but it did do
>> a decent job as I recall.  The other "tool" I have used is vi and a pad
>> of graph paper, which in my experience worked great.   :)
>
> Thanks Mike.  I can do the schema easily enough by hand.
> Mostly what I need to do is prototype the user interface
> (functionality, not necessarily appearance).
>
> The problem is, I can make drawings all day long and the
> client will nod politely, but their wheels won't start
> turning until they can play with something onscreen.
>
> -- Rod

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein