2003 Oct 24 21:31

Re: [vox-tech] SQL front-ends for web browsers

On Friday 24 October 2003 06:26 pm, Michael J Wenk wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 05:34:19PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> > I've been looking around for a time-saving tool for
> > prototyping and/or developing web-based database
> > applications, preferably with PostgreSQL support.
> >
> > Browsing Freshmeat, I found a thing called Gedafe which
> > looks really interesting.  Its home page is
> > http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/gedafe/.
> >
> > Has anyone here used this, and/or does anyone have
> > suggestions for other such tools?
> Are you talking about developing the schema?  or an IDE ?
>
> Ive used a cpl of things, the best I remember was the tool that came
> with Apple WebObjects 5.  Granted that wasn't opensource, but it did do
> a decent job as I recall.  The other "tool" I have used is vi and a pad
> of graph paper, which in my experience worked great.   :)

Thanks Mike.  I can do the schema easily enough by hand.
Mostly what I need to do is prototype the user interface
(functionality, not necessarily appearance).

The problem is, I can make drawings all day long and the
client will nod politely, but their wheels won't start
turning until they can play with something onscreen.

-- Rod