2003 Oct 24 18:43

Re: [vox-tech] SQL front-ends for web browsers

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 05:34:19PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> I've been looking around for a time-saving tool for
> prototyping and/or developing web-based database
> applications, preferably with PostgreSQL support.
>
> Browsing Freshmeat, I found a thing called Gedafe which
> looks really interesting.  Its home page is
> http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/gedafe/.
>
> Has anyone here used this, and/or does anyone have
> suggestions for other such tools?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Rod

Are you talking about developing the schema?  or an IDE ?

Ive used a cpl of things, the best I remember was the tool that came
with Apple WebObjects 5.  Granted that wasn't opensource, but it did do
a decent job as I recall.  The other "tool" I have used is vi and a pad
of graph paper, which in my experience worked great.   :)

Mike