2003 Oct 22 17:18

[vox-tech] Mysterious sound problems

For some reason, I cannot get my MP3's to play.  When I launch XMMS and
browse to where the music files are located and select one, XMMS just
sits there like a lump and doesn't do a thing.  Similarly with my other
music players, such as Noatun and RealPlayer.

Oddly, my CD's play just fine and I can hear streaming audio from the
web just fine.

Any thoughts?  I'm using Red Hat 8.  The music files are stored on a
separate RH 8 computer, mounted with Samba.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford