January 6: Social gathering
2003 Oct 18 10:43

[vox-tech] X-No-Archive Inheritance?

>My concern is that someone could post a question that deals with something
>illegal (DMCA violations). Archiving this would be bad.

The participants in the LUGOD lists are a pretty smart bunch who have
probably spent more time on this thread than the problem is worth.  The fact
is that if you post illegal information at this time in out technical
history you,IMHO, deserve to be strung up.

As I recall, this thread was started by someone who sent Bill a nasty
message.  Seems that if the guidelines were clear that everything was
archived but there was a small chance to avoid this by using the
X-No-Archive option then everyone is happy.

Mark Liechty MCSE, CNE, CCA
MLA Computer Consulting Services
mark @ mlaccs.com
www . mlaccs . com
(Adding the spaces to the e-mail and website significantly reduce SPAM)