2003 Oct 17 19:44

Re: [vox-tech] OT: The Bouncing WAP

Richard,

I've read the other responses to this and agree (firmware, channel, etc.),
but my experience would lead me to suggest hardware.  These routers (and
access points) are mass-produced and are just flakey sometimes.  I'd try
the other suggestions and if you're still having the same problem, take
advantage of Linksys's excellent cross-RMA (where they send you the
replacement while you return yours).  You get stuck for the cost
of shipping yours, but it's still a good deal.

I had a netgear that did the same thing (with apple/linux laptops not XP
though).  I'd turn WEP off and it would work fine.  I replaced it with the
exact same product and the second one worked fine with WEP.

Dave M.