2003 Oct 17 00:41

RE: Re: [vox-tech] reading bitmaps in XLib

RE: Re: [vox-tech] reading bitmaps in XLib

Hi again,

I am writing an application in C++ using Xine, XLib and the common C++
library which is just a C++ wrapper for threads. I am trying to keep it as
simple as possible, and not mix too many languages. I actually want to
display a jpeg on an X window, so I thought if I could display a bitmap
first, then look for some decompression code to convert the jpeg into a
bitmap that would be the way to go. I am pretty new to X so I didn't realise
that there was different bitmap formats, thanks for that.

Julie.