2003 Oct 15 20:25

Re: [vox-tech] OT: DSL Filters

MB wrote:
Have you tried searching the web for two line filters?

http://www.twacomm.com/Catalog/Model_900LCC-2F-50.htm

bottom of:
http://www.2wire.com/office/adap_fil.html

http://www.telephonestuff.com/Catalog/Jmp_Suttle/Dept_ID_302.htm

This would solve your problem?

Yes, I have searched for two-line filters. Thank you for the links. However, my question was:

I have a bunch of two-line phones; and I have two phone lines.

Originally, my DSL was associated with my primary number. However, my provider decided to stop doing the DSL thing, which prompted me to find another ISP. To ensure seamless service, I activated DSL on the second line and then cancelled DSL on the primary number.

So, now I want to use my two-line phones with, get this, BOTH phone lines. Unfortunately, although they have two pairs of pins at each connector, it appears that my line filters (mPHASE Technologies model DFMU2PL1001) do not pass the second line signal through to the phones. Leaving the filter off allows me to use the second line, but periodically disrupts the DSL service and results in a low signal-to-noise ratio. I have tried different phone sets and different filters to eliminate damaged hardware as the cause of this problem.
<much snippage of ugly ASCII art>

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with multi-line phones? Were you able to resolve the problem without resorting to a filter at the service entrance? Can anyone recommend a line filter that will pass through signals on multiple pairs?
I'm looking for a RECOMMENDATION here -- not an unweighted link. Have you used and do you recommend one of these products? Do you recommend these vendors?

--
Marc Elliot Hall www.hallmarc.net/quick_resume.html
P.O. Box 435