2003 Oct 15 11:35

Re: [vox-tech] OT: The Bouncing WAP

I have seen a similar issue with XP. Is your wireless adapter set to use 802.11x or any other authentication? If so try turning it off.
If this does not help, can you supply your setup?
brand/firmware of wireless cards:
firmware of WAP11:

MB

Richard Crawford wrote:

I have a Linksys WAP11 at my house, and I use it to connect our two
laptops, which happen to be running WinXP.

Every few minutes, the WAP seems to drop the connection; or, at least, a
message appears on the laptop telling me that the link has been lost; and
a few seconds later it comes back. This is very annoying when I'm
browsing the web or playing MP3's from my file server.

Why might this be happening? Any ideas? Any way that I can make it stop??

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com http://www.stonegoose.com/catseyeview
AIM: Buffalo2K ICQ: 11646404 Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com
Howard Dean for America: http://www.deanforamerica.com
invisible to the eye." --Antoine de Saint Exupéry