2003 Oct 15 11:33

Re: [vox-tech] OT: The Bouncing WAP

> I have a Linksys WAP11 at my house, and I use it to connect our two
> laptops, which happen to be running WinXP.
>
> Every few minutes, the WAP seems to drop the connection; or, at least, a
> message appears on the laptop telling me that the link has been lost; and
> a few seconds later it comes back.  This is very annoying when I'm
> browsing the web or playing MP3's from my file server.
>
> Why might this be happening?  Any ideas?  Any way that I can make it stop??

The WAP11 had some firmware problems on some revs.  You may want to
check the BAWUG list archives at the bottom of this page:
http://www.bawug.org/communicate/

I had a Wavepoint II that would die when heavily loaded.  A quick
firmware upgrade solved the problem.

Have you tried changing channels?  Does it happen all the time or only
when playing mp3s?  Is the timing of the drop predictable?

Chris