2003 Oct 05 10:36

Re: [vox-tech] debian help: samba package (not samba) apparently broken

Re: [vox-tech] debian help: samba package (not samba) apparently broken

> file /etc/samba/debian_config is not on my system.  after googling, i've
> found that this file tells debian whether samba runs from startup
> scripts or inetd, but this file isn't on my system and i can't find the
> format of this file anywhere.

FWIW, samba now gets this information from debconf.  I don't have
/etc/samba/debian_config on my debian box and the init.d script doesn't
test for it.

A temporary solution might be to just touch the file -- since things seem
to be working without it.