2003 Sep 29 20:04

[vox-tech] jetDirect Samba Config

I'm setting up an hp2100 with a jetDirect card.  I need to spool this print queue on a RedHat 8 machine so that some DOS apps can capture a printer port.

I used printconf-tui to set up the printer as unix LPD print queue.

I can print postscript test pages just fine, but other machines can't print to it over Samba.

Here is it's entry from /etc/printcap

hp21:\
        :ml#0:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/hp21:\
        :af=/var/spool/lpd/hp21/hp21.acct:\
        :sh:\
        :rm=192.168.0.253:\
        :rp=/usr/spool/hp2100m:\
        :lpd_bounce=true:\
        :if=/usr/share/printconf/util/mf_wrapper:

and here is the corresponding samba share

[hp2100]
        printable = yes
        printer = raw
        public = yes        printer name = hp2100
        comment = HP LaserJet 2100M
        print command = /usr/bin/lpr -r -h %s
        browseable = yes
        path = /var/spool/lpd/hp21

any Ideas on how to make this work?

TIA,
--
David

"Any cooking emergency can be solved with garlic or butter" -Chef Naum