2003 Sep 25 17:31

Re: [vox-tech] one of the most pernicious spams i've ever seen.

On 2003.09.25 07:46, Rob Rogers wrote:
On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 07:24:56AM -0700, p@dirac.org wrote:

> i didn't know this. so, an URL is of the form:
>
> URL = user:password@url
>
> where lowercase "url" is what i used to think of as being an url.
and
> the "user:password@" portion is optional.

Right. You've probably even seen it for an ftp url...works the same
way
for http, just not seen as often.

As a side note, Opera gave me the following in a popup when I tried to
click on your URL

Security warning:

You are about to go to an address containing a username.

Username: www.citibank.com
Server: a3ksd.pisem.net

Are you sure you want to go to this address?

This would be a nice feature for the open source browsers (some may
even
have it already...I'm stuck on Windows at the moment, so I can't
check)
Galeon does not do this. I think I'll file a wishlist item for it on Debian's BTS.

My key was last signed 6/10/2003. If you use GPG, *please* see me about