2003 Sep 25 13:36

Re: [vox-tech] one of the most pernicious spams i've ever seen.

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 12:22:43PM -0700, p@dirac.org wrote:
> On Thu 25 Sep 03, 12:09 PM, Donald Childs <dchilds@scupper.net> said:
> > Has this been submitted to Citibank or the
>
> it's been reported to abuse@citibank.com.  i've been toying around with
> reporting it to FBI since i'm fairly sure this WILL catch people, and
> it's not a silly pyramid scheme (remember those?) or nigerian scam (even
> those are starting to fade away).  i just need to look into who at the
> FBI gets this sort of stuff.

I thought the Secret Service for the most part was the group that
investigated computer crime.  Or am I behind the times?

> > Sacramento Valley Hi-Tech Crimes Task Force (
> > http://www.sachitechcops.org/ )?
>
> wow.  awesome.  i wouldn't mind working for a group like that.  it
> sounds interesting.
>
> but would they care?  pisem.net is in russia and we're now living in new
> jersey...   :)

Well, it depends I guess, I wouldn't bet against russia cooperating in
this, its pretty much out and out identity theft, not like its a
copyright violation or anything. :)

In any event, would depend how widespread this is, and how much money
could conceivably be stolen.

Mike