2003 Sep 25 14:09

Re: [vox-tech] one of the most pernicious spams i've ever seen.

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 10:57:25AM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> I think what you've described is the URI.  URL is supposed to be a subset
> of URI, whatever that means.  I personally don't care but I wouldn't mind
> knowing what that means if anyone else knows.

I referred to an RFC that desribes URIs, which I did at one time
read(several years ago), or perhaps I read it in a book, I forget.  In
any event, a URI is the identifier portion of the URL.  It tells you
what resource you are trying to get, but not how to get it.  In simpler
terms it would be everything to the right of the :// in URL.  I suggest
you check the RFC I referenced, as I may be off a bit.