2003 Sep 25 19:55

Re: [vox-tech] one of the most pernicious spams i've ever seen.

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 07:24:56AM -0700, p@dirac.org wrote:

> i didn't know this.  so, an URL is of the form:
>
> URL = user:password@url
>
> where lowercase "url" is what i used to think of as being an url. and
> the "user:password@" portion is optional.

Right. You've probably even seen it for an ftp url...works the same way
for http, just not seen as often.

As a side note, Opera gave me the following in a popup when I tried to
click on your URL

Security warning:

You are about to go to an address containing a username.

  Username: www.citibank.com
  Server: a3ksd.pisem.net

Are you sure you want to go to this address?

This would be a nice feature for the open source browsers (some may even
have it already...I'm stuck on Windows at the moment, so I can't check)