2003 Sep 23 16:56

Re: [vox-tech] Compile problem...

Alright, I'll take a stab at it.

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 01:20:57AM -0800, Walther The Writer wrote:
> Since it seems I can't get any help, ( at least for now ) , from developers of wvstreams ( actually, I need
> wvdial to work from  console ), I'll  to ask what's going on wrong with my compile. When I do make, it says:
>
> ./utils/wvcallback.h:143: warning: implicit typename is deprecated, please see
>    the documentation for details
> ./utils/wvcallback.h:143: warning: `typename WvCallback6_bound::Func' is implicitly a typename
> ./utils/wvcallback.h:143: warning: implicit typename is deprecated, please see
>    the documentation for details
> ./utils/wvcallback.h: At global scope:
> ./utils/wvcallback.h:191: warning: `typename VoidCallback_bound::BoundFunc'
>    is implicitly a typename
> ./utils/wvcallback.h:191: warning: implicit typename is deprecated, please see
>    the documentation for details
> In file included from wvresolver.h:11,
>                  from wvresolver.cc:7:
> ./streams/wvstream.h:21: warning: `typename
>    WvStreamCallback_bound::BoundFunc' is implicitly a typename
> ./streams/wvstream.h:21: warning: implicit typename is deprecated, please see
>    the documentation for details
> wvresolver.cc:132: default argument given for parameter 4 of `int
>    WvResolver::findaddr(int, const WvString&, const WvIPAddr**, WvIPAddrList* =
>    0)'
> wvresolver.h:37: after previous specification in `int WvResolver::findaddr(int,
>    const WvString&, const WvIPAddr**, WvIPAddrList* = 0)'
> make[2]: *** [wvresolver.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [ipstreams] Error 2
> make: *** [src] Error 2

I think we can safely ignore the warning lines. The problem is (judging
just from the output of your compile and not having looked at the source
code), that the method WvResolver::findaddr() is defined at
wvresolver.h:37 to have a default argument, which is then repeated in
the cc file's declaration.

I think a quick fix might be to change line 132 of wvresolver.cc and
remove the "= 0" from after the WvIPAddrList* parameter.