2003 Sep 23 11:23

Re: [vox-tech] Resizing Root Partition

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 10:36 am, Michael J Wenk wrote:
> It is bad to have root's homedirectory on /.  What I do is move it to
> /home/root and symlink /root to it.

This would be a problem if /home becomes corrupt and you
need to log in as root to fix it.

Also users should be discouraged from doing anything except
system administration as root.  So there should not be much
in root's home directory, and no compelling reason to put it
into a different filesystem.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/