January 6: Social gathering
2003 Sep 22 15:22

Re: [vox-tech] the answer to all my virus problems

Re: [vox-tech] the answer to all my virus problems

hi dylan,

On Sun 21 Sep 03, 12:03 PM, dylan <dylan@iici.no-ip.org> said:
> thanks pete, i will take a look...
>
> so far i have been able to dig up the following sites:
>
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.20/doc/html/filter_toc.html
>
> http://colondot.net/mbm/mailfilter.shtml

heh.  i'm at the exim.org site right now, going over their mailing list
archives.  i'm seeing lots of relevent stuff.  the question is whether i
can force exim to drop a connection after it sees a 13 byte string,
rather than waiting for the whole multiple kilobyte message to be
transfered...

> i will have to spend some time reading these before i am able to make sense
> of them...
>
> i tried a simple filter of my own design... however, all of my mail was
> getting stuck on the server... and had to use 'exim -qff -v' to get it back!
>
> dylan

whoever gets the answer first posts it.   kay?   :-)

pete