2003 Sep 21 11:37

Re: [vox-tech] the answer to all my virus problems

Re: [vox-tech] the answer to all my virus problems

have been lurking for the past few days paying close attention to this
thread.... however, has anyone figured out how to reject these kind of
messages at the door with EXIM ?

i am using a combination of exim and courier (Maildir delivery), and was
wondering if it would be possible to drop these messages with my
configuration.

also, is there any good way to strip HTML from email messages with exim?
right now, i am running all messages through the a hack of a filter written
in AWK. it removes a lot of the HTML, however, i can't use something like:

awk '
{gsub(/</?[^>]*>/,"\n")}
{print}
'
...because it mangles some important parts of the actualy messages, such as
the TO and FROM headers....

any ideas for an EXIM user who is tired of these stupid email viruses
wasting my time.

thanks in advance,

dylan

on 03.9.20 4:44 PM, Rod Roark at rod@sunsetsystems.com was reported to have
writen:

> On Saturday 20 September 2003 04:24 pm, Rod Roark wrote:
>> On Saturday 20 September 2003 02:56 pm, p@dirac.org wrote:
>>> roland smith, whom i met while googling shared a *wonderful* procmail
>>> recipe that catches windows viruses.
>> [snip]
>>
>> Cool.  I wonder if there's an easy way to get Postfix to
>> notice these attachments at the front door, and drop the
>> connection before all 150K or whatever have been received.
>
> Bwahahahaha!  I found it!  From this Slashdot posting:
>
> http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=79337&cid=7013891
>
> and your email, I deduced to create a file
> /etc/postfix/rods_body_checks containing the following:
>
> /^TVqQAAMAAAAEAAAA\/\/8AALg/ REJECT Emails containing Microsoft executables
> are prohibited from this server.
>
> and to add this line to my Postfix configuration file
> (main.cf):
>
> body_checks=pcre:/etc/postfix/rods_body_checks
>
> It seems to work.  :-)
>
> -- Rod
> http://www.sunsetsystems.com/

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein