2003 Sep 21 11:21

Re: [vox-tech] the answer to all my virus problems

On Sat 20 Sep 03,  5:44 PM, Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com> said:
> On Saturday 20 September 2003 04:24 pm, Rod Roark wrote:
> > On Saturday 20 September 2003 02:56 pm, p@dirac.org wrote:
> > > roland smith, whom i met while googling shared a *wonderful* procmail
> > > recipe that catches windows viruses.
> > [snip]
> >
> > Cool.  I wonder if there's an easy way to get Postfix to
> > notice these attachments at the front door, and drop the
> > connection before all 150K or whatever have been received.
>
> Bwahahahaha!  I found it!  From this Slashdot posting:
>
>   http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=79337&cid=7013891
>
> and your email, I deduced to create a file
> /etc/postfix/rods_body_checks containing the following:
>
> /^TVqQAAMAAAAEAAAA\/\/8AALg/ REJECT Emails containing Microsoft executables are prohibited from this server.
>
> and to add this line to my Postfix configuration file
> (main.cf):
>
> body_checks=pcre:/etc/postfix/rods_body_checks
>
> It seems to work.  :-)
>
> -- Rod
>    http://www.sunsetsystems.com/

holy smokes, rod.  nice sleuthing.  guess i'll start googling for exim
(unless somebody knows how to do it off the top of their head).

isn't ironic?

the person who posted that comment got a score of 4.  somebody's pretty
clueless at slashdot...

pete