2003 Sep 23 22:47

[vox-tech] Gentoo anyone?

I've decided to plunge into Linux head first with Gentoo. I've survived the first couple of weeks and pondered the mysteries of emerge and make.conf, and suffered through following instructions and using etc-update (ouch - that was painful).

But, this Gentoo is a great idea. Clearly fast links and fast systems open all kinds of new options. http://www.gentoo.org

I'm curious, has anyone else in the LUGOD community been working with Gentoo? Would you mind if a noob to Gentoo and Linux like me shot you some questions from time to time?

PS To those of you who have not tried Gentoo, the reason I did was the staff at LinuxWorld Expo. The Gentoo volunteers were absolutely the most knowledgeable, articulate, and grounded of the people I grilled at different booths. They handed out an install CD and I was hooked.