2003 Sep 20 15:00

[no subject]

Or is your problem with burning the actual image?  I had lots of problems
burning when I was using the cdrecord-prodvd binary.  The latest version of
xcdroast (0.98alpha14) seemed to help out alot with the issues that I was
having.  But even now, it says that there are "errors writing tracks" when the
burn was completely successful, so it's still kinda weird.

Any help I can give, please let me know.

HTHO,

jan

--- Jonathan Stickel <jjstickel@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> Not too long ago I acquired a Sony DVD+/-RW drive and looked into
> 'backing up' a purchased DVD onto DVD5 media.  The best resource I found
> was:
>
> http://www.doom9.org/
>
> Unfortunately, the software is all for windows.  I did find a some stuff
> for linux (dvd::rip) that would rip the DVD to a hardrive and transcode
> to something that fits on a CD (VCD, AVI, etc.), but I had no luck
> converting the title VOBs to something usable that would burn to a DVD5.
>
> In addition, I had no success buring DVD+R/RW media in linux using
> dvd+rw-tools.  I have not yet tried dvd-record with DVD-R/RW media.
>
> Anyone have a positive experience backing up DVDs in linux?  writing
> DVD+ media in linux?
>
> Jonathan
>

> p@dirac.org wrote:
> > has any company or organization challenged the right for the public to
> > make backup copies of their own commercially purchased DVD's?
> >
> > are there any affordable home consumer DVD writers that can write to
> > DVD9 (single side, double layer, ~9GB) disks?
> >
> > pete

=====
MONEY, n.  A blessing that is of no advantage to us excepting when we
part with it.  An evidence of culture and a passport to polite
society.  Supportable property.