2003 Sep 15 12:37

Re: [vox-tech] backing up DVDs (was Re: [vox] fair use / DVD questions)

Re: [vox-tech] backing up DVDs (was Re: [vox] fair use / DVD questions)

p@dirac.org wrote:
On Mon 15 Sep 03, 11:50 AM, Jonathan Stickel <jjstickel@myrealbox.com> said:

Not too long ago I acquired a Sony DVD+/-RW drive and looked into 'backing up' a purchased DVD onto DVD5 media. The best resource I found was:

http://www.doom9.org/
nice url; thanks. bookmarked. here's something i found which may or
may not be useful. it's more reading than i'm willing to do ATM, but it
seems to be from somebody's personal experience, which is valuable:

http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/
Thanks, but this is where I got dvd+rw-tools from already. It is a set of command line utilities for writing to dvd+r/rw. I did read the whole webpage, but the best I could do was blank +RW media with the tools. All my DVD+RW writes failed. :-(

Jonathan

pete