2003 Sep 14 21:46

[vox-tech] Driver Question

Hi,

Building a driver for a hardware board and things are looking good... Using
the O'Reilly book by Rubini and Corbet as a guide, but have a bit of a
question??

The driver is interrupt driven when the board posts data to the port and
that works fine. Data is retreived and stored in kernel space and the app
can use "result = read(fd, mesg, sizeof data)" to access the file (a char
device). But I can't seem to figure out how to notify the app that the
driver has read the data.

Rather than polling would just like to read when data has been updated (
kind of like a keyboard using a callback function)

Any thoughts, hints, references would be appreciated.

Thanks
John W