2003 Sep 14 08:59

Re: [vox-tech] apt-proxy

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 09:09:50PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> With this proxy running, I just have all of my systems'
> /etc/apt/sources.lists point to one machine, and when one system goes
> to grab a new DEB from the Debian mirrors, it gets stored locally for
> the others to retrieve over the LAN.

Nice and excellent for a flat network.

On a shared network behind a common firewall, I get this benefit by
using Squid on the linux firewall in transparent mode and then
redirecting all internal port 80 traffic to squid...  Nice, centralized,
and you don't have to edit everyone's apt/sources file.

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.deppner.us/