January 6: Social gathering
2003 Sep 03 21:21

Re: [vox-tech] PHP MySQL Shell Script

> On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 07:49:41PM -0700, Charles McLaughlin wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm writing a PHP script that runs at the shell -- not from within HTML.
> >
> > If I try to connect to a MySQL database from a script running at the
> > shell, PHP seg faults.  But if I run the same code as a web page through
> > Apache it works fine.
> >

> > For instance, if I run my script at the shell like this:
> >
> > php4 myFile.php  --> it seg faults
> >

> > But if I view it in a web browser like this:
> >
> > http:\\127.0.0.1\myFile.php --> this works
> >
> > Why would there be a difference if my script runs through Apache?
> > Any ideas on how to fix this?
>
> I'm coming in late on this thread, but one thing I have not seen
> mentioned is what version of the mysql libs were used.  When compiling
> php, you have the option of linking against php's built in mysql libs,
> or the system libs (--with-mysql=/some/path).  If you have the option to
> rebuild php, try doing so with the system libraries.
>
> -troy

I'm running Debian, so there is a php4-mysql package that I have installed.
I'm not sure how the package maintainers build it.  I'm still debating
rebuilding PHP on my own, or just waiting until a new version makes its way
into the apt-get repository.  I have it working on another machine, so I can
at least test my script.  ;-)

Thanks for the help!

Charles