2003 Jul 20 10:23

Re: [vox-tech] Asking C compiler to test for #include file

Re: [vox-tech] Asking C compiler to test for #include file

--On Sunday, July 20, 2003 08:23:35 AM -0700 Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

Right now I have a program that will die if certain headers can't be
found.

The issue of getting these headers has practically become an FAQ for
the libraries installed. ("You forgot to download the *-dev packages of
the library, which contains the headers!")

I'd like, if possible, GCC to barf with my OWN error, stating something
along these lines, rather than just:

  src/myprog.c:15: foo.h: No such file or directory

I realize I can spit out an error message using the C "#error"
directive, but is there a simple (and portable) way of TESTING?
C doesn't include any standard way of doing this. This is the kind of thing you use configure for.

--
Ken Herron