2003 Jul 17 23:50

Re: [vox-tech] Linux on a low end hardware question

Re: [vox-tech] Linux on a low end hardware question

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 11:27:52AM +0530, karthikeyan.balasubramanian wrote:
[...]
> You always come up with Nice Idea.  I even thought about light version
> of X but I just love KDE look :).  I thought if they see it would be quite
> delighted.  Guess personal taste with my high end conf system would work
> good but not for low end conf systems.  (Sawfish)Hmm i shall think
> about this one.  Can you show me some screenshots :).  I searched google
> but couldnt find it.

You might try IceWM for window manager. It is a light window manager with a
Windows look. It is packaged in Debian. For a file manager try Rox
(http://rox.sourceforge.net). Both programs perform well on low-end hardware.

--
Henry House
See <http://hajhouse.org/pgp> for information.  My OpenPGP key: