2003 Jul 16 01:12

Re: [vox-tech] File Permission Issue while downloading files froman ftp location

Re: [vox-tech] File Permission Issue while downloading files froman ftp location

`attrib` is the command used under DOS to control file permissions.  You
can also change the file permissions via file properties ([right-click] ->
[properties]   == or ==  select file and press alt-enter) if you can see
the file from explorer.  if he can't see the file from explorer, change
the folder options to let you view hidden and system files.

-Mark

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, karthikeyan.balasubramanian wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   One of my linux friend had this issue.  He uses windoze for
> browsing(winmodems).
> After downloading the files to his vfat partition.  He complained to me that
> his
> file permission got messed up while he was accessing these files from his
> linux
> setup(Dual Boot).
>
> I know that if he can tar and download those files, file  permission can be
> retained
> somehow he wants another solution.
>
>   Any hints tips are welcome.
>
>   Have a great  day.