2003 Jul 02 14:28

Re: [vox-tech] good reference source for fstab permissionsvariables/syntax

Re: [vox-tech] good reference source for fstab permissionsvariables/syntax

It also might be a umask thing, too.  Try adding the umask option as well:

  /dev/hdf4  /fat  vfat  user,rw,uid=donald,gid=donald,umask=0007  0 0

Then remove the stuff you don't need, since it's probably not ideal to
mount the partition with above UID, GID, and UMASK all the time.

-Mark

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Troy Arnold wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 01:23:58PM -0700, Donald Childs wrote:
> > I'm trying to set up a vfat partition on rh8 so my users (me) have
> > write as well as read permissions on my vfat partition.
> >
> > I've used several suggested fstab file variables and syntax changes
> > suggested in ng posts, the rh 8.0 manual and the linux doc project HOWTO-,
> > but haven't had any success. Could you guys give me a heads up on a good
> > source?
>
> Check out the man page for mount.
>
> > Here's what I've currently applied:
> > /dev/hdf4   /fat           vfat    user,rw,noauto      0   0
>
> Not to take away your fishin' pole but:
>
> /dev/hdf4	/fat	vfat  user,rw,uid=donald,gid=donald	0	0
>

> -troy

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/
PGP key available upon request.