2003 Jun 29 02:33

Re: [vox-tech] AVI to MPEG

Actually, this page sums it all up.  It's also Debian-geared, so it was
a cinche to get everything installed.

I just converted my first AVI to MPEG (my petting my cat Malcolm, while he
rolled around on the ground; a Malcom trademark move).

The MPG played fine with MPlayer and 'plaympeg' (SMPEG-based == SDL),
and was 1.4MB, versus 7.1MB AVI! :^)

Here's the howto:

  http://www.edginet.org/techie/linux/canon_movies.html