2003 Jun 26 13:39

[vox-tech] Perl question: determining the computer's IP address

[vox-tech] Perl question: determining the computer's IP address

I have a Perl script that I've written and which runs on a couple of
different web servers.  Because the script rewrites some .html files that
call on cgi-scripts, the script needs to know the IP address of the
computer that it's running on.  Is there an environmental variable or
something that I can call within Perl to find out the IP address so that I
don't have to manually recode it on each server?

On a side note, the script I've written works, but it's clumsy and
inelegant.  Is there anyone who'd be willing to look at my code and make
suggestions for cleaning it up?

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K ICQ: 11646404 Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com

invisible to the eye." --Antoine de Saint Exupéry