2003 Jun 21 22:06

[vox-tech] perl: quoting strings with spaces

[vox-tech] perl: quoting strings with spaces

sorry for the line length.

when using a quoting operator like qw and friends, how does one one
quote a string with spaces?   in the code snippet below, my code chokes
on "El Dorado".

i also tried

foreach my $county (qw/Amador Calaveras q+El Dorado+ Humboldt Lake Tehama Trinity/)

and expected it to work, but it didn't.

thanks,
pete

sub PrintByCounty()
{
  foreach my $county (qw/Amador Calaveras 'El Dorado' Humboldt Lake Tehama Trinity/)
  {
    foreach (@sites)
    {
      if ($county{$_} eq $county) {
        print "<TR><TD><A href=\"$_\">SHL $number{$_}</A></TD><TD>$name{$_}</TD>\n";
      }
    }
  }
}