2003 Jun 22 02:07

Re: [vox-tech] broken mozilla

--On Friday, June 06, 2003 11:36:34 -0700 Charles McLaughlin <cmclaughlin@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

Hello all,

If I have Mozilla up and running and open a new window (ctrl+n), the new
window starts up as a blank window.  I think new windows should go to
the last page I visited, based on my preferences.

Even if I choose, Help->About Mozilla a blank new window pops up.  This
new window should tell me info about the build number, etc.  But I get
nothing.... nada.

Also when I open a new window, the new window always lacks the 'back'
button.
Try running mozilla with a new profile and see if it improves the situation. Run "mozilla -profilemanager" to open the profile manager, then create a a new profile and use it to start mozilla.

If mozilla behaves properly with the new profile, you basically want to delete your old profile and start using the new one. You can do this through the profile manager, or you can just delete your ~/.mozilla directory and let mozilla build a new one next time you launch it. Note that your bookmarks are stored in a file named "bookmarks.html" within each profile; you may want to save the old file and then hand-copy it into the new profile directory.

--
Kenneth Herron Kherron@newsguy.com 916-366-7338