2003 Jun 20 22:28

[vox-tech] Suggestions....?

Let's say I have 2 servers with identical directory structures like this:

SERVER I
=====================
DIRECTORY A
|-> SUBDIRECTORY 1
|-> SUBDIRECTORY 2
|   |-> SUBDIRECTORY 2a
|   |-> SUBDIRECTORY 2b
DIRECTORY B
|-> SUBDIRECTORY 1
|-> SUBDIRECTORY 2
|   |-> SUBDIRECTORY 2a
|   |-> SUBDIRECTORY 2b

SERVER II
=====================
DIRECTORY A
|-> SUBDIRECTORY 1
|-> SUBDIRECTORY 2
|   |-> SUBDIRECTORY 2a
|   |-> SUBDIRECTORY 2b
DIRECTORY B
|-> SUBDIRECTORY 1
|-> SUBDIRECTORY 2
|   |-> SUBDIRECTORY 2a
|   |-> SUBDIRECTORY 2b

What I need to do is replace the contents of each directory of the form 2a
or 2b on Server II with the contents of the corresponding 2a
subdirectories on Server I.  The trick is that none of the contents of the
other directories can be replaced... otherwise, I'd just tar up the
contents of DIRECTORY B on Server I and untar it on SERVER II.

If it was just two or three subfolders of the form 2a and 2b on my server,
it wouldn't be an issue.  But I've got hundreds of the little buggers, and
I don't want to spend all day doing this.

I've got GNU Tar available, but not much other GNU software available here.

I've just looking for suggestions.  Anything that anyone can suggest would
be more than welcome.